Sooooo, I'm new to this site. This is day 2, and we're not off to a great start.
- First, like many others, I didn't receive an activation/verification code upon joining. But, after contacting support, I did. :)
- Then, I get in and I'm automatically following 26 people. That is a serious party foul!
- It takes over an hour to unfollow those people because I have to unfollow each one individually (no bulk option), and this site appears to be extremely slow and not super responsive. What's happening in the code here?
- What I mean by "not super responsive", is this:
- After I unfollow 26 people, the site continues to say I'm still following them for about an hour.
- When I clicked 'Unfollow', it took several seconds for the link to change to 'Follow' - up to 20 seconds in some cases.
- Random incorrect information: number of people I'm following, number of books, etc.
All of this could be simple site glitches, and some of it could even be caused if this site does not support Linux or browsers used by Linux users like me. I don't know. But, what I do know is I'm one of the many Shelfari refugees who is looking for another home that hopefully won't inexplicably shut down or be taken over then burned and buried by amazon. That is a tall order, but what we don't need is a site that's full of glitches.
BookLikes looks very interesting, and there seems to be a lot of people here who use and love this site. There has to be more than one reason for that, and I hope to be here long enough to find out what those reasons are.